Welcome to Decoding Dyslexia Oregon!
We are joining together in a collective voice with one mission – to improve awareness and educational resources for Oregon students with dyslexia!
If you would like to volunteer – let us know! We NEED everyone to make a difference! You are our greatest advocates and crucial to creating change.
Below is a list of volunteer opportunities or let us know how you would like to help.
- Monthly Meeting Help Show up monthly to help with registration/check in, set up the display table, help set up the AV system or pick up food/coffee donations.
- Special Events Do you love to plan parties? Are you an idea person? If so, inquire about assisting the Board of Directors with Special Event coordination. Past events have included: Blazer Night, Rock Bottom Brew Pub Fundraiser, and Light It Up Red Celebration at Kell’s for Dyslexia Awareness Month.
- Fundraising Support Do you have ideas for raising money? Past ventures have included 50/50 night with the Portland Trailblazers, and fundraisers at What’s the Scoop Ice Cream Shop, Rock Bottom Brew Pub, and the Oregonian’s Tuesday Giving Day? Express your interest about how you can help.
- Coordinator for Family Fun Activities/Moms Night Out We have lots of ideas for bringing families and kids together but not enough people power. Would you like to coordinate logistics for quarterly events so parents and kids could connect? For example: jumping fun at Jump Sky High, roller skating at Oaks Park, paint your own pottery, or simply picnic at a park. The possibilities are endless. We can assist with marketing and coordination. Let us know if you want to help bring families together.
- Become an Ambassador! Join our newest program and create change with other members in your community. Click here for details and sign up via our mailing list to get involved!
Contact us and volunteer today!
“If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”
—Martin Luther King Jr.