This family-friendly event is a 1-mile walk to raise awareness for kids with dyslexia. Kids are encouraged to create and become their favorite superhero! Be creative, think out-side-the-box, or invent your own superhero costume! Enjoy art activities, bubble mania, Zumba warmup and more! Walkers can get discounted deluxe ride bracelets to Oaks Amusement Park for the entire day after the walk for a greatly reduced retail rate! This is a fun way to raise awareness and connect with your community while supporting kids who learn differently and the work of Decoding Dyslexia Oregon.
SCHEDULE OF THE DAY
- 9 – 10:30 am Registration – (Get your t-shirt, snacks, and purchased ride bracelet, and capes)
- 9 – 10:30 am Activities
- Musical Petting Zoo
- Photo Booth
- Arts Corner
- Assistive Technology Table
- 10:30 am Welcome Address – Jared Blank
- 10:40 am Special Acknowledgements
- 10:45 am Prizes
- 10:50 am Zumba Warmup
- 11:00 am Walk Begins!
- 12 pm Park Opens – Ride the Rides!
- 12 – 3 pm Sheltered Picnic area reserved for families (bring /buy lunch)
Oaks Amusement Park | 7805 SE Oaks Park Way, Portland, Oregon 97202 | Area 1 (Near the Dance Pavillion)
1-mile paved loop (fully accessible)
DUE TO PUBLIC SAFETY and the recent developments of the coronavirus – We have rescheduled this event to June 13, 2021.
If you have donated or signed up for this event, you can update your registration preferences on the website.
Thank you for understanding!