#MyGivingStory is a social media storytelling contest created to foster a public
conversation about generosity and to inspire more people to give. Would you share a
story about how and why you support Decoding Dyslexia Oregon?
Contestants have the chance to win a number of prizes throughout the month, with the
winning storytellers receiving grants up to $10,000 to give to their favorite nonprofit
Entering is as easy as 1-2-3…
- Write or record your #MyGivingStory: Think of a story or experience that inspired you to give, choose which format you will use to tell your story (written essay or video), and write or record your story.
- Post your story: Go to our contest page and click on “Submit Here.” Select the nonprofit that would receive a grant if your story wins and upload your story.
- Share your story on social media: The more votes you get, the better your chances of winning! Direct people to vote in the online gallery. The 20 stories with the most votes will be recognized as Finalists and submitted to the judging panel, who will select the winners.
- Submit your essay (with an optional image) or video story between Nov 1st – Nov 30th.
- Share your story regularly via social media and encourage everyone you know to vote daily through Dec 7th.
- The 20 entries with the most votes will be considered by the judging panel the week of Dec 10th.
- The winning stories will be announced the week of Dec 17th.
As part of our community, we hope that you might take a few minutes to reflect on why giving
matters to you, share your story in the #MyGivingStory contest, and, of course, consider naming
us as the recipient of a grant prize if you win.
There’s no time like the present!
Submit your story today and share so we can help celebrate how and why you give back!