Decoding Dyslexia States
Look at how we have grown!
The Decoding Dyslexia movement began in 2011 when 9 parents formed Decoding Dyslexia New Jersey (DD-NJ). In January of 2013, DD-NJ issued a “How to Guide” for Starting a Grassroots Movement for Dyslexia. In the years since, there are now Decoding Dyslexia chapters in all 50 states, several Canadian provinces and even Kenya and Bermuda.
To find your State chapter, go to the Decoding Dyslexia National Website!
Decoding Dyslexia Oregon Early Milestones
- July 2012 A small group of parents & educators gathered to talk about change
- January 2013 Created our FB page and joined the Decoding Dyslexia national movement
- March 2013 First public meeting at a Hollywood Portland area bike store
- September 2013 Portland Lecture Series began
- July 2015 Successfully advocated for the passing of SB 612 and HB 2412
- October 2015 Dyslexia Awareness Month declared in Oregon
- October 2015 First Annual Light it Up Red event!
- February 2016 Officially granted non-profit status
- September 2017 Launched the Ambassador Program
- March 2018 Launched the Decoding Dyslexia Kid’s Network