Create Change. Start Today!
Decoding Dyslexia Oregon is a grassroots movement and a volunteer organization. We make progress because of YOUR efforts! Here are some ways to advocate for dyslexia awareness in your school district and community:
- “Like” us on Facebook and join our discussions!
- Share our web site with your friends, family, and school.
- Talk with your district’s Superintendent and/or Curriculum Director about using systematic, multi-sensory reading programs that are recommended for students with dyslexia.
- Attend your district’s School Board meetings and share concerns about dyslexia identification and remediation. This speech written by the Dyslexia Training Institute can be adapted for your district.
- Talk about dyslexia in your community. Hold a meeting at your public library. Contact us if your group is looking for a dyslexia speaker.
- Write and share your story. CLICK HERE for tips!
- Start a Decoding Dyslexia group in your community (We will help you!)
- Share this information with 3 others and ask that they get involved in this movement also!
- Contact your Oregon Senator and Representative and share your concerns about dyslexia. Ask them to support future dyslexia legislation.
- Look at other state laws.
- Take a parent advocacy course. Subscribe to the Wrightslaw newsletter.
Want to help? Contact us today! email@example.com