DECODING DYSLEXIA OREGON is seeking Oregon residents interested in serving on our Board of Directors to champion our mission to raise awareness, empower families, and improve resources for students with dyslexia and educators in Oregon public schools!
We are looking for energetic, driven, and passionate individuals to help build our capacity so we can expand our outreach to more families and educators across the state. We are committed to increasing the diversity of our board leadership to reflect all of Oregon’s residents, including those that are typically underrepresented. We are specifically interested in individuals with any of the following experience, skill-sets or expertise:
- Attorney / Legal Expertise
- Business Strategy Expertise
- Web Design / Computer Skills / Video Conferencing
- Fundraising / Grant Writing / Special Events Expertise
- Diversity Equity and Inclusion work or Representation of a Diverse Group
- Professionals (Pediatrician, Speech-Language Therapist, Psychologist)
- Educators or Childhood Community Providers
- Parents of a child experiencing dyslexia, specifically fathers, to improve our gender diversity. Also, we are seeking influential adults with dyslexia too!
Expectations of Board Members
- Commit to a two-year term with the opportunity to renew
- Prepare for and attend monthly board meetings (remote participation) and occasional special meetings or events (in-person)
- Professionally represent Decoding Dyslexia Oregon to the public
- Assist with board recruitment to further our mission
- Participate in at least one committee or engage in a special project
- Actively support the organization’s fundraising efforts, including but not limited to: planning/participating in fundraising events, cultivating new donors and/or sponsors
- Maintain professional conduct, including preserving the confidentiality of business matters discussed in board and committee meetings
Please complete the form below to inquire about a board position:
Thank you for your interest! We will respond to your inquiry via email in 5-10 business days.