Informational Display in your School or Library!
Many libraries and schools are happy to provide space for a informational or bulletin board displays. Ask your school or library to display flyers, handouts, reading & audio material on dyslexia. See the suggested materials below.
- Dyslexia Awareness Month Proclamation signed by Governer Brown
- Poster introducing dyslexia
(Click here to view premade posters.)
- Signs & Symptoms
- Description of new legislation
- Famous Dyslexics
If your library doesn’t have any of the books available, ask them to consider purchasing the books or consider donating them to the library. The library will need a few weeks lead time to pull requested books for display. They can also order books with a 4-6 week lead time.
- Resource Books
- Proust and the Squid by Maryanne Wolf
- The Dyslexic Advantage by Brock and Fernette Eide
- The Dyslexia Empowerment Plan by Ben Foss
- Overcoming Dysleixa by Sally Shaywitz
- Parenting a Struggling Reader by Susan Hall and Louisa Moats
- Wrightslaw: From Emotions to Advocay: The Special Education Survival Guide by Pam and Pete Wright
- Books for Children
- It’s Called Dyslexia by Jennifer MooreMallinow
- Thank you, Mr. Falker by Patricia Polacco
- If You’re so Smart, How Come You Can’t Spell Mississippi? by Barbara Esham
- The Alphabet War: A Story About Dyslexia by Diane Burton Robb
- Tom’s Special Talent by Kate Gaynor
- Authors with Dyslexia
- Henry Winkler – The Hank Zipper series
- Patricia Polacco
- Dav Pilkey – Captain Underpants series
- John Irving – The World According to Garp
- Victor Villasenor Burro – Genius; Rain of Gold
- Avi – The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle
- F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Agatha Christie
- Resource Books
- Video loop of “What is dyslexia?” by Kelli Sandman-Hurley
Check if the library can dedicate a computer to show this video.
Share a picture of your school’s or library’s display! Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org or post to our Facebook page.